Friday, July 17, 2009

Pet Peeves

I'm halfway through the month. My eval went great. Apparently I don't suck at being a resident. yeah!!!!! B/c some days I feel like I do. Anyway after 2 weeks of being a resident I have to suggestions to patient for hospital etiquette. Take notes....
1) do not dress your baby up in all that cute outfit stuff daddy's little sport; mommy's little princess etc. These things only get in the way of your doctor examining your baby. And in the newborn exam you want your doctor to be able to see every little crevice. If you must put on all these adorable outfits do it later in the day after we have rounded.

2) If you ask to speak to your doctor or yoru child's doctor do not then proceed to leave the room, get in the shower, or call your family and friends. We have limited time sorry it's the truth and we really can't afford to stop by to try and see you twice. You're missing you may not get seen again and as long as I write a note saying you weren't there there is nothing you can do.

3) If a doctor comes in your room. end your cell phone conversation. I mean you don't have to be like gotta go but don't continue to have a chat like there's nothing going on. It's rude.

so that's my tirade for the night. On call tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment