Sunday, July 12, 2009

Friday Call and other things

So I finally got some sleep on a call!!! Yeah!!!! 3 interrupted hourse !!!!! yeah!!!! most of my deliveries were for private docs so basically once baby came out ok it was like peace out I'm done here back to bed. It was funny though there are so many people who have birth plans so as not to traumatize their newborn. This includes things like not suctioning the traceha (it might make their baby not want to breast feed) I've got news for them their baby won't be breast feeding too well if they asphyxate on their secretions but hey who am I to judge. Anyway. I also got a potential mom and her baby for my mom and babies continuity clinic subset. 17 yo who gave birth to her first child. Hopefully I'll both of them as patients in my clinic. Anyway. I went to church post-call which is typically a bad idea b/c I'm so tired. Anyway i went to Florida Hospital's Church. Since they have a second service that starts at 12:30 which is useful when I'm post call. It was a contemporary Fl conference svc. Very reminiscent of my home church in Jville. I don't think I'll go there aside from when I'm post-call. It was quite funny they never said Happy Sabbath the whole day and the church is not Florida Hospital SDA church it's just Florida Hospital Church. I think it's part of the whole Florida Hospital trying to make sure the orlando community doesn't know they're adventist thing. So i think they promote it to patients as just an opportunity to go to church. You know everyone finds Jesus when they're ill. Also funny was that there wasn't just one early and late church service but really 3 at each time. They have 3 svcs based on age.
Like I said not going to be my regular church but will work for the post-call Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment