So I went to Seattle on my first vacation as a resident last week. It was fabulous. So everyone asked me why Seattle. I was like why not. I've never been to Washington...I've never been to Seattle....So my thought why not. I loved it and will have to return again to do some other things in the area. The weather was beautiful. Not too hot, not too cold, no rain, not even overcast the entire trip. Great food mainly Asian (great Thai, Vietnamese, sushi and Chinese) but also great seafood and other other international food. Seattle is also a great place for people like me who love trivia. So here are some great things and I learned and highlights of the trip.
1) Seattle is home to many companies, Boeing, Microsofy, grunge music, Jimi Hendrix, fictious Seattle Grace Hospital of Grey's Anatomy fame, Elliott Bay Publishing, E-bay (elliot bay), starbucks
2) Host of the turn of the centuary World's Fair why seattle's space needle was built. Going to the top not scary.
3) Lots of unique architecture and artwork. 3% of city budget goes to public art. Most of it modern art but fits cities eclectic style.
4) Riding in the front of a monorail by a driver esp the worlds fastest monorail. Awesome. You feel like you're flying off the track.
5) Unique musical instruments - one played by computer the next by water in a fountain. I btw have no musical prowess.
6) A whole museum devoted to science fiction awesome!!!! Btw I learned that the first interracial kiss ever shown on primetime between uhura and capt kirk.
7) Picking my own floral arrangement for $3 at pikes place market
8) First starbuck and the slew of ppl waiting in line.
9) Watching fish fly at pike's place market.
10) Totem poles
11) Sunset ferry ride.
12) Hiking at Mt Rainier - beautiful waterfalls, beautiful fall foliage, great mountain peaks and trails.
13) The underground city - why seattle buildings have basements despite low elevation.
14) Ride the ducks tour in the amphibious vehicle
And the list goes on and on. I highly recommend it.
if you want to see my pics follow the link below.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=4w50e5p.5wmw3r0t&x=1&y=-6wvkpd&localeid=en_US
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment