Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Beeper Call
So I'm on my first solo "mommy call" as we call them. So far I've gotten 6 calls and I've got to say this is a little worse than anticipated. It's really hard to assess a kid over the phone. In the office at least when I ask mom questions I can read her body language and look at the kid and examine the kid. The hard one's aren't the ones that I'm like oh better go to the ED or the oh that's fine. It's the I'd really like to see you right now it could be nothing but it could be something. But the crazier thing is of the 12 programs I interviewd at only 2 programs offered me the opportunity to do mommy calls while a resident. That's scary b/c as tough as this is now at least I have the knowledge that there is an attending doc I could wake up in a bind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment