Saturday, September 19, 2009
Circs
So yesterday was a great "surgery" day. I got to do 5 circumcisions. No complications. Same method as before. At first I was a little bummed that almost everyone at my program uses the same technique but this is actually good b/c I've gotten to see how different people do the same one and I can tweek the procedure to what is easier for me. I didn't have to share any of my procedures with any other residents so I got the opportunity to try a couple of different techniques within the same method. So I've decided that I like the scoop method for inserted the bell, and the sterile safety pin closure. to affix the clamp. Plus now I know all the steps from memory in sequence which is cool b/c then you can ask for your instruments. It's like being in an OR - mets, clamp, ok scalpel, mets, :) it's fun. I've got a huge grin on my face which of course you can't see. But trust me it's great. Plus since I don't consider myself much of a procedure person it's good to be grasping one of the 3 major procedures that pediatricians perform.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment