Wednesday, September 2, 2009
My awesome day
So yesterday I had a day that was a "this is why I became a pediatrician" I'm on clinic this month which means I'm a very happy lady. But anyway my fabulous day came from my last patients of the day. I pair of siblings that came in for a chief complaint that honestly made no sense. Getting to the nitty gritty of it I realized that they really needed a primary care pediatrician and that the younger of the 2 had some really poorly controlled asthma. I think I helped mom get good understanding of why he needed chronic treatment, and what symptoms of this asthma acting up are. The kid's eyes absolutely lit up with the prospect that he would be able to play basketball and run around with his friends without feeling terrible if we get him better controlled. So hopefully he'll get his medicine (I looked to see if what I prescribed was on his insurances' preferred drug list so hopefully they'll be able to afford his medicine) They're supposed to followup with me next month. His sister is a teen so I'm trying to get her into teen panel. I met with my advisor and found out how to get time blocked out so I can have a devoted teen clinic on a regular basis. So hopefully that will work well. But seriously the encounter made my day. It's the explanations and health maintenance why I went into peds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment