Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School

So today is the first day of school for a lot of people I know directly or vicariously. Funny though despite my consistently telling people good luck, finding out if they have their plans layed etc. Kinda forgot seriously. Despite my 2 patients last night crying hysterically about missing the first day. The excess traffic on the way home. It was after seeing the crowd of kids and their paents waiting for the bus outside my apartment complex it hit me. It's the first day of school and for the first time in my life. I'm not going back to scholl *sigh* I'm a little sad :( So I had a patient early this morning or late last night who I'm reminded of b/c he hates school (never finished) anyway due to his health probs and poor mental acuity I was tempted to skip the typical teens HEADSSS history questionaire. Good thing I didn't b/c by question #3 I was like let me get a seat b/c we're gonna need to talk. The long and short is that we had a very lengthy conversation about how he almost got arrested b/c of girls of course and fighting but he got out of it b/c one of his buddies told the cops he was a nice guy. So his mom is making him move b/c of his interest in girls of the wrong age. So yeah we had a nice little conversation how if he went any further than talking to these girls he was going to end up in jail and his buddies wouldn't be able to get him out of it. I hope he eventually got it. he was kinda unsure of what was the problem and I guess can you charge someone who has the maturity and mental functioning of someone probably younger than 14 for messing with a 14 year old with statutory rape? I think so. So that was my advice. I hope he takes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment