Monday, October 19, 2009
When I was a med student....
So when I was a med student I hated when I had residents who were like "when I was a med student..." But honestly 4 months into intern year I've got to comment on the FSU med students. I have never seen a wimpier set of clinical rotations. They don't take overnight call they stay til 10 pm once a week and come in one weekend day for the month admit one new patient and go home. They follow 2-3 patients a day. What? Oh and apparently they come in when they feel like in the morning. When I was a med student yeah q4 or q5 call. We took 30 hour weekend call. Came in no later than 6am and carried 5-6 patients daily. But you know what I don't begrudge them for their chill rotation experience. Why? B/c I have a couple of intern colleagues that didn't take 30 hour call in med school and their having a bit of difficulty now. But I seriously had no idea there was so much discrepancy in med school education until this year. All of my other med student friends had work schedules etc similar to mine. I thought everyone did. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment