Thursday, June 25, 2009

Some Random Thoughts

So today was a BIG day!!!!!! We had departmental orientation and got our schedules. Yes I feel like a doctor and it's stressful. So here were the happenings of the day.
1) We got our pagers...we all put our batteries in and 20 minutes later they all went off....something abt JCAHO practice.
2) I found out I'm starting on newborn nursery and I am well a little nervous. It was somewhere I requested even though I knew it was in the top 3 hardest months. Why b/c I like to get bad things over with. B/c it's where you cross cover most often and I didn't want to crosscover with no experience b/c that would be even scarier. Im scared of newborns (yes I know I'm a pediatrician) as the saying goes "never trust a neonate" they look really good and then crash on you unexpectedly.
3) I found out my golden weekend is going to be early in the month. Good news I'm off the 4th weekend bad news I'm on the next 3 weekends so it's gonna be a long month
4) It's kinda scary when you tell all the former interns where you're starting and they go "ooh" well yeah that good ...yeah real good you'll be really comfortable when you cross cover. We'll see.
5) I really made a good choice for residency. All the attendings came by to have lunch with us and orientate us and I looked around and realized there were so many ethnically diverse physicians. I felt so comfortable a complete 180 from my first days of med school. I have honestly never seen so many Black female physicians in one place. It was really exciting and encouraging. Also all the other residents that were there were actually going and seeking each of us out individually. Like several ppl came up to me and were like you're Lonna I've been looking for you. Trying to meet everyone again very welcoming.
6) It's nice to have a full time job w/ really good benefits.

1 comment:

  1. God is good and knows what is best. Thank you for letting Him lead you versus you leading Him. You are exactly where He wants you to be.

    ReplyDelete