Tuesday, June 23, 2009
For Real?!
So today was day 2 of orientation. It's starting to feel real. I have a name tag that honestly the first thing you see is MD before you get anywhere near to seeing my name. I haven't worn it yet because I wouldn't want anyone to mistakingly think they should ask me a question. But my ID badge gets me into all kinds of cool places the most important of which the previously off limits physician dining room. I have benefits and pretty good ones at that. Lower premium than my last job with better value (yeah!!!!) I have a million IDs and passwords to dictate, enter orders, write notes, go into radiology images, get articles, you name it.....So we had this whole lecture on delinquent charts and how med records will suspend your practicing privaleges if you don't complete charts in an appropriate time frame. Our program director has further lectured us on how this will haunt our credentialling process forever if we get suspended for delinquent charts. So now I am paranoid. Just what I need something else to become obsessed about. I might actually after a day of computer training today be more afraid of the recording process than I am of taking care of patients. Ok maybe not. Anyway I also got a parking decal and in this is the amusing story. So ever since I was a pharmacy student I have always coveted physician parking. Why? because I'm always running on a tight schedule and never factor in time to get from the 8th floor of the parking lot to the floor. You drive around and around the parking lot up and up passing empty spots that say reserved for physicians, residents parking only etc. So today I'm in my usual routine. I'm actually not running late just perturbed b/c I don't know the exact building I'm going to. And I see signs on the nice close parking spots so I sigh and make my way up. On abt the 2nd floor I actually read the sign it says "resident parking only" I think ugh they get all this good parking and keep trucking somewhere around the 4th floor it hits me. Hey idiot you are a resident. So I drive back down to the first floor to a prime spot pull in and then spent 3 minutes comtemplating if I'm an actual resident. Mind you we've been told several times that we are official like yesterday we had health insurance even though we hadn't picked plans yet. So I get out my car adn then check several other cars just to make sure my decal looks the same. It does. I'm legit my car was there when I got back. So yeah it's real even if it doesn't seem real yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Too funny.
ReplyDelete