Thursday, April 15, 2010

When I grow up I want to be a.....

So since I see so many kids every day I ask kids a whole lot what they want to be when they grow up. It's been particularly sad to see how few kids have no clue what they want to be when they grow up. Not just the older ones (I understand how dreams can sometimes get lost in the process of indecision or poor grades) but even the little ones. Even if it's I want to be a princess I feel like every child 4 or older should be able to answer that question. Anyway I had a 7 yo and he told me today he wanted to be a soldier. That is not an answer that you hear all that often. I am glad that despite all the craziness in this world at the moment that there are still children who look up to soldiers and desire to protect our country when they grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment