Yeah I know it's early but I can't sleep. I'm sick...yet again (ugh the carriers got me) and I have no voice so it was quite a torturous day at work yesterday. So I'm currently trying to cough up a lung (which I'm sure is making my voice even crappier), and nose is sooooo runnny it's ridiculous.
Anyway me and my no voice self along with a couple of other ppl on the grant went to go meet with a community partner yesterday. It seems as if word from the higher ups who were so enthusiastic about helping with our project did not not trickle down. Anyway the meeting was quite discouraging b/c the person from the very beginning started with what she "knew the parents" wouldn't do. Don't get me wrong I think she knows the community we're going to be working in better than me but she doesn't know exactly what we plan to do nor how we plan to do it so to say it won't work seems kind of short sighted. Then once she realized that really all we wanted her to do was to put some flyers out at the front desk and allow us the use of one of her center's rooms and field (which hey I pay for with my taxes) she suddenly perked up some.
I left feeling a little negative and more than slightly annoyed. I realize that she is probably burnt out and I am positive the city does not pay her near enough for what she does. However, this may just be why people choose not to help ppl in the inner city. If I wasn't really passionate about doing what I'm doing....I'd have just quit yesterday and said well let me take my plans, and money elsewhere. I wonder how many others have....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Discouragement is from the devil so let go of whatever she said and be encouraged that you are doing God's will by helping children and their family be healthy.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get and feel better soon. Don't bring those germs up here. :-)