Thursday, April 29, 2010
Places to See List
While I was sitting in the hair dresser reading a magazine (ah I relish the opportunity to go to the hairdresser without having to study experienced for the first time in my life this year) Anyway I was reading the month before last's Ebony and it's travel feature was on Costa Rica. It reminded me that I've wanted to Costa Rica forever and I'd lost sight of that in the huslte and bustle of life. Plus my quest to go everywhere. So I was like I need to make a list of the places that I absolutely want to visit before I die. I divided them between US and abroad and through in a few travel related experiences. I realized a couple of things. 1) I've gotten to do a lot of things I've always wanted to do. 2) Don't get so caught up in all that you want to do that you want to do that you don't take the step to do just one thing. For instance i've wanted to go on an airboat ride since i was in the 8th grade and my sister and mom talked about the experience on one of her school trips. I live in Florida that's such an easy thing to do. So I just need to do it. 3) Sometimes you need to write down a dream break it down into its component parts to make it manageable. Looking at the whole world (and I have the travel book with 2 pages devoted to every single country in the world) seems like an insurmountable task. But broken down to the places I absolutely want to see it's so much more manageable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment