Friday, January 8, 2010

Mid point

So one of the things that you're supposed to work on as a resident is knowing your patients cold from memory no papers. All their labs, vitals everything that's happened to them. Oh yeah and concise. I heard this of course in med school (ppl are always like when you're a resident...) I was like yeah right. So it's been a challenge. But i suddenly realized today on rounds that somewhere around last month that happened for me. After the first day of picking up a patient I have the story down pact, know all their problems and can pretty much present on rounds without notes. If I admitted the patient then no time needed to memorize. It's funny how that happened. A pleasant suprise. I also don't get nervous talking to subspecialists which makes me much more concise. I also can't believe intern year is halfway over. Exciting and scary. In 6 months I'm supervising the new interns. Wow. But I am really excited about the progress I've made these 6 months. And better schedules are on the way :)

1 comment: