Wow so I didn't really think about the fact that this year marks the end of a decade. So I was in the checkout line and noticed one of those decades in review and realized wow a ton of things happened that I forgot about. For instance remember Y2K or the lack thereof? Elian Gonzalez? The hanging chads of 2000? 9/11 was just this decade seems longer ago. The voyage of Columbia that disintegrated as it was returning to earth. the great blackout of 2003? Of course we all remember Katrina. Sky High Gas Prices!!!! The U VA shooting. That bridge that collapse in Minnesota in the middle of rush hour into the Mississippi. We all know abt the election and the innaguration of 2008 and 2009. But do you remember the race to the party nomination and Hillary's unwillingness to concede defeat. We all know abt Michael Phelps and all his medals.
Reagan died, Jon Paul II died, Ted Kennedy died, Rosa Parks died, Walter Kronkite, Richard Pryor, Mr Rogers, Charles Schulz (creator of Peanuts less u forgot), Julia Child, Althea Gibson, Superman, Farrah Fawcett, and of course MJ all gone.
It's been a decade.
On a personal note I've started and completed college. Gotten 2 doctorates. Lived in 3 cities. Have moved 7 times. Worked for 3 companies. Visted 6 new states. Visited 2 new countries. Taken over 500 hrs worth of tests.
Not bad for 5,260,320 minutes. We'll see what the next set presents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment